• STEP 1: Connecting your computer wirelessly over the radio waves is carried out by a specialized router called an access point. One access point is enough for networking an averaged sized home. The trade name of this technology is Wi-Fi or 802.11b. One important thing is that all the Wi-Fi products should be compatible with each other. Wireless communication is important for the people who go from room to room with their wireless laptops or they want to use their laptops in airports, hotels, cafes and other places where wireless service is available.
• STEP 2: Next you use your home’s wiring to connect the router to each computer with a power line network. Home-Plug is the trade name of this technology. It is seen that Home-plug networks are more secure than the Wi-Fi. But as compared to the Wi-Fi it is a new technology and is more expensive than Wi-Fi technology.
• STEP 3: Hook up with the Ethernet 10-Base-T or 100-Base-7. Ethernet is the best choice if your router, broadband internet connection and all the computers all in one room. Due to the cabling, involved in the Ethernet, it’s less flexible than the others.
Buying Equipment Instructions
• STEP 1: First of all get one router and if you want to go wireless this router will called an access point.
• STEP 2: Next get compatible NIC cards for each computer and plug them into the computer’s universal serial bus (USB)
• STEP 3: If you are using a wired network the purchased extra long CAT 5 Ethernet cables.• STEP 4: Next buy a print server if you want to put a printer in your home.
One important thing to note is that all the hardware should be compatible with each other.
• STEP 1: First of all read the manuals of the devices and start experimenting. Many products have good manuals and online support. You can easily get answers of the basic and advance questions. Many manufacturers provide online help and advice so there is no need to worry about any kind of technical support. Good technical support can save your lot of time and efforts. So before starting make a thorough plan to work on it.
• STEP 2: If you are planning to install a wired Ethernet, then run the cables to your home theaters or stereo. Now many new digital home products like digital video recorders and game systems are having the internet capability.
In summary you should look for these things for installing a home network such as Router or access point, Ethernet cables, NIC adapter, Print Server and the technical support from the vendor or a useful website or forum on the internet. Hybrid networks have many advantages and so they are very popular. For example, you can have Ethernet going to a desktop computer and printer in your home office and additionally wireless router or access point for a roaming laptop and desktop computer in your bedroom.