Windows,Networking,Active Directory ,Hiren Boot CD, Interview Question answer ,Quiz etc.

Windows and Network Administrator Portal www.pscnetorking.blogspot.in/ Windows,Networking,Active Directory ,Hiren Boot CD, Interview Question answer ,Quiz

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How to Recover Virus Infected Hidden Files from Pen Drive or Flash Drive Step by Step

This process is applicable not only for Pen Drive or Flash dives like External Hard Disc, but also applicable for your system drives also.

When we scan Flash Drive with updated antivirus we found that Flash Drive is completely empty with no data at all.

But used disc space is showing a lot of data.



Also tried ‘Show Hidden files’ option in ‘Folder Options’ but No use




Open Run (Win+R) and type cmd and press Enter.



A command Prompt will appear, type cd\ and hit enter.. This command will let the command applicable to Root directories and sub folders also.


Type I: and Enter {Note: Type your driver letter in the place of I. (ex G , H.. etc}


Type dir/ah and Enter. This Command useful to identify the directories effected by the viruses.




Now type attrib –h –s /s /d and hit Enter [attrib –h{space}-s{space}/s{space}/d]

After a few seconds you can see your driver letter again this means the process is completed.


Now your all data is back.


After applying this command, some of the strange folders you have never seen may appear but don't worry, they are system related files, just hide them if you don't want or try delete if possible.

13 comments:

  1. Hi I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities and also with the format in your blog. Anyway stay up to the excellent high quality writing, it's rare to find a nice weblog like this one these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject, I would like to hear much more from you on this subject matter – I have bookmarked this page and will return soon to hear additional about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you to write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an Awesome post. Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Great article. Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic. Keep posting and keep this forum a great place to learn things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. Your instructions look clear but I'm not very good at this so I hope this will work well for me. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will probably be back again to browse much more, many thanks for the data.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader, if you like My Blog content, feel free to comment on our blog posts.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...